McCartney Late Late Show

Do talk back
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: McCartney Late Late Show

Postby yomptepi » 24 Jun 2018, 12:13

Tonto Papadopoulos wrote:
yomptepi wrote:Unacceptable. I don't care if he has John Fucking Lennon in that car. I will not be watching it.

Fool.

Some of us have standards.
You don't like me...do you?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Jun 2018, 18:46

At the Liverpool JU, I could sit back, close my eyes and imagine John (Kid P), Graham (Django), and Kevin (Tomwaits for noone) as John, Paul and George.

I imagined Jumper K as Mal.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 24 Jun 2018, 20:00

Well, I’m glad to know I’m not the only guy who can’t stand that James Cordon guy. He strikes me as a total phoney baloney. He has all the artificial enthusiasm of a male cheerleader. It’s like Ricky Gervais showed up one day pretending he really liked everybody and everybody pretended to believe him.

I tried to watch that McCartney thing and I’ll admit it’s touching seeing people go up to him and stuff. Still, I’d rather eat a casserole made with chewing tobacco than see another “Carpool Karaoke” as long as I live. My adult daughter walks up to me with her phone while I’m brushing my teeth and shows me Cordon braying along with a guest star with his eyes on the road,his chin swingng from side to side. She shows me the whole things. She thinks they are adorable. I spit out my toothpaste a little more enthusiastically than usual. The only one I ever wanted to see again was the one with Michelle Obama. Mainly because I think she’s a stone fox but also because her and Missy Elliot outnumbered James Corden.

You either think McCartney deserves his national treasure status or you don’t. I’m not sure how I feel about it but it is touching as hell that he means so much to so many. It seems like McCarntney feels like a national treasure one way or the other. Maybe he”s right.
uggy poopy doody.

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 24 Jun 2018, 22:16

I noticed it as well.

He does virtually everything in its original key live (maybe an act of principle for him), and...as recently as last autumn, I saw him belting out things like "1985" and "The End" in person. I don't really have any theories about how he manages these selective applications when it often seems like even his speech is croaky.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 24 Jun 2018, 22:40

he mimes.
You don't like me...do you?

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 24 Jun 2018, 22:43

yomptepi wrote:he mimes.

A moment of silence for the cute Beatle.

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 24 Jun 2018, 22:54

The other quiet Beatle, etc.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Jun 2018, 22:59

Bent Fabric wrote:I noticed it as well.

He does virtually everything in its original key live (maybe an act of principle for him), and...as recently as last autumn, I saw him belting out things like "1985" and "The End" in person. I don't really have any theories about how he manages these selective applications when it often seems like even his speech is croaky.

Warm-ups.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 26 Jun 2018, 04:04

I caught most of that the other night, although I rarely watch any talk shows anymore. Sure the obsequiousness towards McCartney kind of annoys me even as a huge fan, but otherwise it comes across as genuine, affectionate, fun and relatively spontaneous.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Return to “Yakety Yak”